The Goodwill Excel Center (“The Excel Center” or “We“) is a public charter school associated with the Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona that offers adult high school programs. The Excel Center respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website excelcenteraz.org (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party, including the Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona; or
- any third party, including the Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona, including through any content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. For example, our Website may enable you to engage and procure certain third party services, products, apps and tools in connection with the Website, including, without limitation, services companies that provide online student portals, such as Synergy, and online donation services, such as Salsa. Collectively, such third party services, products, apps and tools used in connection with the Website will be referred to herein as the “Third Party Services”
Adult Student Users Only; FERPA
We will only use, share or distribute information collected about you or that you provide to us in accordance with applicable law, including to the extent applicable, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”). For a full explanation of your rights under FERPA, please see The Excel Center’s FERPA Notice. To the extent that there is an inconsistency between this policy and the FERPA Notice, FERPA controls.
Children Under the Age of 16
Neither our Website nor The Excel Center charter school are directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children and do not wish to do so. If we learn that a person under the age of 16 is using the Website or any services offered through it, we will attempt to prohibit and block such use and will make our best efforts to promptly delete any personal data stored with us with regard to such child. If you believe that we might have any such data, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Third Party Services
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, student grade (if you are an adult student), postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as geolocation information; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided by submitting forms or requesting to be contacted. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, age data, gender, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, device type, operating system, and browser type.
We do not engage in behavioral tracking. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit The Excel Center, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information and Google Analytics sections below. For more information on the third-party-operated online programs and services that we use now or may be using in the future, please click https://goasa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Third-Party-Privacy-Policies.pdf here.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use, share or distribute information collected about you or that you provide to us in accordance with applicable law, including to the extent relevant, FERPA. Subject to this limitation, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These third parties are provided access to the minimum amount of information required to allow them to perform the tasks for which they have been engaged. To the extent any such third parties have access to “student educational records,” such access will be limited in accordance with any applicable FERPA requirements and will be protected by The Excel Center in accordance with applicable state law. We will only retain and disclose educational records or provide access to them in compliance with applicable law.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To the extent such disclosure is required by applicable law.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Excel Center, our faculty, students, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You may also use the NAI opt out tool which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads, and for mobile opt outs, the NAI provides instructions to engage system-level opt outs in Android, iOS, and Windows Phone environments. Opting out will not prevent advertisements from being served to you on the Internet. It will only affect advertisements that utilize remarketing cookies to serve messages on the specified networks. We are not responsible for the activities of other parties that may not comply with your opt-out requests.
We use Google Analytics. Please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to learn more about how Google uses data when you use our website. You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us at INSERT LINK OR EMAIL to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The Excel Center
Attention: Data and Compliance Manager
4837 E. McDowell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85008